Why Do I Need Insurance?
Health insurance is now required by law, and if you can't confirm your coverage on your taxes, you'll pay a fine.
While a fine may seem cheaper right now, getting hurt without coverage is much more expensive.
For example, the cost of a broken arm is more than $2,500 dollars. If you need surgery, it's several times that. And the average cost if you have to stay in the hospital is another $7,400.
With insurance, you'll always know your monthly costs and be covered if there's an emergency. Research your options to find a plan that fits within your budget.
What Are My Covered Benefits?
While your coverage depends on the plan you choose, certain things are always covered on plans sold on the Public Marketplace:
- Doctors visits, including well woman visits, care when you’re sick, and checkups to stay healthy
- Emergency room trips
- Hospital stays
- Care before and after your baby is born
- Mental health and substance abuse care
- Screening and counseling for domestic violence
- Screening and counseling for sexually transmitted infections and HPV
- Certain prescription drugs
- Contraceptive counseling and methods
- People and tools to help you get better when you’re hurt
- Lab tests
- Check-ups, shots, and tests to keep you from getting sick or to catch it early
- Pediatric care, like dental and vision checks, for kids
Plans through your employer or private plans you buy directly from us can also include these benefits.
Learn more about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and its requirements.
We also give our members: