University of Iowa Retirees
We're proud to offer University of Iowa retirees the advantages of our Medicare Advantage plans, extras to help you get and stay healthy, outstanding customer service, and our history of industry experience to bring you the best in health care coverage.
|HMO Plus Rx||PPO Rx|
|Yearly Out-of-Pocket Max||$4,000||$1,700 in-network
|Find a Doctor or Hospital in this Plan||Find a Doctor or Hospital in this Plan|
|Emergency Room||$75||$50, then 10% in-network
$50, then 10% out-of-network
|Urgent Care||$55||$5 in-network
|Inpatient Hospital||$280/day (days 1–7)
$0/day (days 8+)
|Outpatient Surgery||$175||10% in-network
|Laboratory Services||20%||10% in-network
|Diagnostic Radiology||20%||10% in-network
|Full list of covered preventive services.||Summary of Benefits||Summary of Benefits|
|HMO Plus Rx||PPO Rx|
|Do I Have Coverage Through the Gap?||Yes: 58% for generic, 45% for brand-name||Yes: regular copayments apply|
Preferred Generic at Preferred Pharmacies, 30-day Supply
Preferred Generic at All Other In-Network Pharmacies, 30-day Supply
Non-Preferred Generic, 30-day Supply
|Retail 90 Benefit||Get 90-day supply for 2x30-day copayment at preferred pharmacies and 2.5x30-day copayment at other network pharmacies||Get 90-day supply for 2 x 30-day copayment at in-network retail pharmacies|
|Mail-Order||Get 90-day supply for 2.5x30-day copayment with mail-order||Same copayments as retail above apply to mail-order|
* HMO Rx Deductible: Annual plan deductible must be met before plan benefits apply.
Using Your Coverage
- Use your ID card whenever you see a doctor or pick up prescriptions from the pharmacy to help you and you providers access your coverage easier.
- Your Health Alliance gives you instant access to your coverage anytime, anywhere.
- See the HMO Plus Rx Benefit Highlight or PPO Rx Benefit Highlight for deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance info for various services.
- The Evidence of Coverage (EOC) is your main guiding document, like a policy, for how your health care is covered on this plan:
- You will receive a monthly bill from us, not the University of Iowa. You can choose to pay us by:
- Credit card payment
- Automatic deductions from your checking or savings account by filling out this form and mailing it to us
- Withholding from your Social Security
- Mailing your payment to us each month
- Iowa HMO Star Ratings Flier
Pharmacies and Covered Drugs
A complete list of all drugs covered by our plan:
Some covered drugs have rules or limits to when they're covered. See our Pharmacy Coverage Requirements for details.
Already a Member
1-877-917-8550 (TTY 711)
Daily 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time
Voicemail used on holidays and weekends, February 15 to September 30
Anytime Nurse Line
301 S. Vine St.
Urbana, IL 61801
File an Appeal or Grievance
Learn how on our Appeals and Grievances page