Have peace of mind whenever you travel 100 miles or more from home. With doctors, nurses and emergency medical technicians on staff, help is just a phone call away, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
Assist America can connect you to prompt medical attention and help make sure you’re admitted to reliable hospitals when needed. Plus, it can even help in some situations that aren’t health-related.
Here are just some of its many features:
- Prescription assistance if you need medication or left your prescription behind.
- Compassionate visit from someone close to you if you need to be hospitalized for more than a week.
- Return of mortal remains.
- Medical referrals.
- Emergency medical evacuation.
- Help returning home if you need medical care to travel.
- Lost luggage assistance.
- Interpreter and legal referrals.
All Assist America benefits apply on all of our plans, but when you’re out of network, our HMO plans cover only emergency and urgent care. Assist America will not pay you back for ambulance and other services you arrange on your own. In a life-threatening emergency, always call the ambulance right away. There is no added cost for the service itself, but there could still be a cost with any medical care. Other conditions and exclusions may apply.